My aunt in Denmark gave me a gift card she had made and I thought it was awesome and had to make a similar one with Stamping’ Up! of course! I have added all the measurements for this card in this post too! I like how the sentiment on the front looks like a cloud and the Better Together birthday greetings goes so well with the Party Animal Designer Series Paper.
I used following supplies: (I know huge list, but some of it is retiring so check it out!)
- Whisper White – 5 x 5 in
- Party Animal DSP (Designer Series Paper) – 4 6/8 x 4 6/8 in (Retiring)
- Whisper White – 4 x 12 in – Score at 4 & 8 in
- Whisper White – 4 x 2 2/8 in – for pocket
- Party Animal DSP – 3 6/8 x 2 in – for pocket front (Retiring)
- Party Animal DSP – 3 6/8 x 3 6/8 in – for the front (Retiring)
- Scrap Whisper White for Balloons
- Sending Love Glassine Sheet – for sentiment on front (Retiring)
- Better Together stamp set
- Balloon Celebration stamp set
- Balloon Punch
- Stitched Framelits
- Emerald Envy ribbon – ca. 15″ long, I forgot to measure! (Retiring)
- So Saffron ink pad
- Soft Sky ink pad
- Blushing Bride ink pad
- Pear Pizzazz ink pad
- Smoky Slate ink pad
- Snail adhesive – (fast fuse is probably better)
- Tombow glue
A how to guide is below these pictures..
This is how I did it:
1) Glue DSP on the card base 2) Fold the 12 in on the score lines. You want it folded like if you wanted it pop out of a box.
3) Add DSP to pocket piece and use an oval framelit to make the “incut”. I use a magnetic plate for this on the big shot, but you can also use tape to keep die in place. 4) Add snail adhesive to the edge of three sides of the pocket and stick it on the last bit of the folded piece. Make sure you do not cover the whole thing in glue or glue the opening. You want to make sure you can put something in the pocket. 5) Optional: stamp 2 small balloons just above the pocket in So Saffron.
6) Stamp the “Wishing you happiness on your special day” and party hat in Smoky Slate on the middle piece. To be honest I used the Stampamajig to make sure the hat was stamped in the right place.
7) Glue on the front DSP piece. I also trimmed the sides a bit because I didn’t fold it that well. I cut off whatever could be seen from the front when folded. 8) Stamp “Happy Birthday” in Smoky Slate on Sending Love Glassine sheet (make sure it’s dry) and cut out with oval Stitched framelit
9) On a piece of scrap Whisper White stamp 3 small balloons in So Saffron, 2 small balloons in Pear Pizzazz, 1 big balloon in So Saffron, Soft Sky and Blushing Bride. On the big balloons I stamped the dotted shading in same colours. Use punch to punch out balloons.
10) Position where you want the sentiment and glue on with a tiny bit of snail adhesive at the edges. Note too much adhesive might be visible from front as it’s see through. 11) Lay out balloons as you want them. The small balloons I positioned at the back and glued on with tombow glue. The big balloons I positioned so the overlay the sentiment a little. I put these on with dimensionals.
12) Fold and tie on the ribbon. Position where you want the ribbon. I wanted it to tie in the balloons, so pretty much in the middle. Then glue it, with ribbon tied, on to the card base. You can now untie and add gift card.
If you wanted to you could make the card base into a card too. You would then need to cut the Whisper White card base 10 x 5 in and score it at 5 in. Or you can leave out the stamping in the middle and write a greeting there. Or write greeting on the back! So many options!
Card is from the 25th April 2017.