Every month my team leader gives us a challenge which we can participate in. We then make a card or a project and post it to inspire each other. April’s challenge was a colour challenge with the above colours. other requirements were using current stampin up products. We were allowed to add Whisper White, Black, gold, silver and copper. I don’t have Tangerine Tango, so I used a shade from the Calypso Coral ombre ink pad instead.
I came up with this card
I think this is a fun and vibrant card. I usually like working with subtle colours, so I felt like I had to think outside of the “box”.
I used following stuff to make this card:
- Petite Petals stamp set
- Beautiful you stamp set
- Stylish stems dies (retiring!!) – a must have! (also being sold at reduced price!!)
- Stitched framelits
- Whisper White A4 cardstock – cut in half and folded in half
- Whisper White – 3 3/4 x 5 1/2 in for the front
- Whisper White scrap – for sentiment and leaves
- Tempting Turquoise cardstock – 3 7/8 x 5 5/8 in – for layering on front
- Tempting Turquoise ink pad
- Calypso Coral Ombre ink pad (retiring) – and being sold at a very good price atm!
- Daffodil Deligt ink pad
- Versamark ink pad – glue for embossing powder
- Copper embossing powder
- Heating tool – to melt embossing powder
- Embossing buddy – to avoid embossing powder getting stuck where there is no glue/versamark
- Tombo glue
I don’t think I could have made this card without the stampamajig! This is how I made the card:
1) I stamped the turquoise flowers first on the piece of Whisper White for the front of the card, by using the stampamajig I was able to line the petals up perfectly. I then stamped the orange flowers by using the middle colour from the Calypso Coral ombre ink pad using the stampamajig again. last I stamped three flowers with Daffodil Delight.
2) Glue the front on to the Tempting Turquoise cardstock, and then glue it on to the front of the card.
3) Cut out two leaves with die from Stylish Stems on scrap Whisper White.
4) I dip the leaves on the versamark ink pad and then dip in copper embossing powder, tap of excess powder straight in the little jar.
5) Use the emboss buddy to run over the piece of scrap Whisper White for sentiment. Stamp the sentiment from Beautiful You stamp set with versamark. Put a piece of notepad paper underneath and pour some copper powder over the stamped sentiment. Gently tap of excess powder on to piece of notepad paper and use the notepad paper to pour powder back into the little jar.
6) Use heating tool to melt embossing powder. Be careful can be a bit warm for the fingers and don’t hold the heating tool to close you, some of the powder risks getting blown off. I heated the cardstock with sentiment from bottom then I avoided blowing off powder.
7) After cooling down I cut out sentiment with an oval stitched die.
8) I glued leaved on to sentiment
9) Use dimensionals to stick sentiment on to the front of card.
10) Voila! Done
I would say this is for advanced beginners. It can be fiddly, but when you get the hang of the embossing and stampamajig it’s much easier! If you don’t have a stampamajig, and like me you can’t stamp anything in a straight line, then you can just stamp the flowers on scrap paper, cut them out and glue them on the front!
Card is from 19th April 2017.