Background bits is definitely my first pick among Stampin’ Up’s host rewards. Here I made two very similar cards with the stamps in two different colours, Marina Mist and Tranquil Tide with a bit of a Moroccan feel to it.
I used following items for these cards:
- Background Bits stamp set
- Marina Mist cardstock – A4 cut in half and folded in half this is the card base of the left card
- Marina Mist ink pad
- Tranquil Tide cardstock – A4 cut in half and folded in half this is the card base of the right card
- Tranquil Tide ink pad
- Whisper White – 3 7/8″ x 5 5/8″ – white layering card
- Whisper White – 3.75″ x 5.5″ – for stamping background on
- Whisper White scrap paper – for tags 2″ x 3.5″, for banners 0.75″ wide
- Scallop tag topper punch
- Metallic foil doilies – gold and silver
- Burlap ribbon
- Whisper white bakers twine
- Rhinestones – for the left card
- Gold faceted gems – for the right card
- Washi tape – for the right card
The background is straight forward stamping. I didn’t’t do it very carefully, but it was very easy and looks great. Cards are very quick and fun to make. I like the white border around the stamped background. It just adds a bit more of dimension. The tag and banner I stuck on with dimensionals. the bow can be a bit tricky to tie on the Tranquil Tide card I did add a glue dot just to hold the Burlap ribbon in place.
Cards are from the 27th of June 2017.